Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Senate Republicans Defend Corruption of the Justice Department

Senate Republicans, including Louisiana's David Vitter, blocked an attempt by 53 other senators to vote that they had lost confidence that the disgraced, incompetent, law-breaking rule of the U.S. Department of Justice by political hack Alberto Gonzales.

I called the offices of Senator Vitter and Senator Landrieu today to express my support for the no confidence measure.

The call to Landrieu's office was first. Starting with my name and the city in which I live, I explained to the person who took the call, that I was calling to urge Senator Landrieu to vote in favor of the no confidence measure. When I finished talking, the person taking the call thanked me and hung up.

The call to Vitter's office was pretty similar, with the exception that after I stated my intentions, the person on the phone asked for my address.

Vitter's office gets points for their handling of the call, but Landrieu wins on the merits of her vote.

Vitter is supposed to be a smart guy (Rhodes Scholar and all that), but he's been swimming close to the Republican corruption since he first became a member of Congress (I'd like to know more about his dealings with Ralph Reed and Jack Abramoff).

This vote indicates that Vitter puts partisanship above the rule of law and the Constitution. Still, he tries to get away with positioning himself as a conservative. This is a sure indication that he thinks we're all idiots.

No comments: